The Oxford Dictionary defines a carer as “A family member who regularly looks after a child or a sick, elderly, or disabled person.”
The Mini-Writer’s Retreat for Carers Bursary aims to support writers who, due to their role as carer, find it difficult to find time for writing. You may be a son caring for an elderly parent, a working mother with school-going kids, a spouse caring for a long-term ill partner or a person supporting a sibling with a disability. If you feel you would benefit from a three-night writer’s retreat at Greywood Arts, please consider applying for this opportunity. We have two up for grabs.
Awardees will receive the following;
- 3 nights residency at self-catering artist’s retreat Greywood Arts, Killeagh, Co. Cork Sponsored by author Rose Servitova
- €100 on arrival to help with costs of travel/food/chocolate etc…sponsored by author Kit de Waal
- Editing of piece of work/novel etc (approx. 15hrs)… with editor Sally Vance (This can be used within 12 months of residency) editorsal.com
- Access to 6 online, interactive events with established authors on indulgeinwriting.com Sponsored by author & founder of Indulgeinwriting.com, Sharon Thompson
GREYWOOD ARTS is a welcoming creative space to explore your process. Please familiarise yourself with our website www.greywoodarts.org before applying.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 18th, 2018
- Full name, address, preferred email address & telephone number.
- A short piece about yourself, your ‘caring’ life and why you feel you would benefit from a short writers retreat (maximum 500 words)
- What are you currently working on (project description)?
- CV or Bio
- Work sample(s) sent as links or attachments (maximum 3000 words). At this time, we can only consider works of prose and fiction.
To download this information as a Word Doc click here.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is December 18th 2018.
- Awardees will be notified by December 27th.
- Decisions are final.
- This award is open to persons resident in the island of Ireland only.
- Mini-residencies consist of 3 consecutive nights between February and September 2019, excluding June 15-July 15. To check available dates, contact Greywood Arts.
- Greywood Arts provides accommodation in a private bedroom, shared bathroom and self-catering kitchen facilities, and sole access to the writer’s room, overlooking the Dissour River. Accommodation and writing space are located on the first floor.