APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
Deadline 23 September, 2018
Greywood Arts is delighted to announce the second annual Winter Writing Residency Award, a competition to win a one-week residency between December 2018 and March 2019.
Writers of any genre are invited to submit unpublished works. Two authors will be awarded cosy self-catering accommodation and private work space overlooking the Dissour River. At the end of each residency Greywood Arts will host an intimate reading in our library where writers can share their work.
1. Prose / Plays
Prize: One-week residency and reading in the Greywood Arts library.
To be scheduled between December 2018 and March 2019.
- Must be unpublished
- Word Limit: 3,000 words or a maximum of 3 poems.
Complete works are preferred, but excerpts from plays or novels are acceptable.
- Submissions will be read blind. Please label your PDF or Word file with your name, but do not include your name within the document itself.
Email work as a PDF or Word Doc to email@example.com.
- Deadline: September 23rd, 2018
- Notification: October 15th, 2018
- Submission fee: 10€ payable by Paypal
Go to: paypal.me/greywoodarts or request a Paypal invoice.
Greywood Arts is a multidisciplinary artists’ residency space in a Georgian home in Killeagh, Co. Cork, Ireland. Recently renovated for modern comfort, the 1767 building has a rich history. Initially built by a tenant of the English aristocracy, the house later became an RIC Barrack, a sawmill, and a guesthouse. Situated on just over an acre alongside the River Dissour, the house provides a quiet retreat. Its village centre location allows convenient access to local amenities and is adjacent to Glenbower Wood.
The fine print:
- One entry per author.
- The competition is only open to first-time residents at Greywood Arts. If you have participated in the Winter Writing Residency, Standard Residency, or Artist-in-the-Community Residency you are ineligible to apply. However, if you have applied and were not accepted we hope you will reapply.
- Travel expenses are the responsibility of the writer, however we can arrange transportation between Cork City and Killeagh.